The Maldives is renowned for its stunning natural beauty, featuring crystal-clear turquoise waters, white sandy beaches, and coral reefs teeming with marine life. The picturesque overwater bungalows and water villas add to the allure.
You Must Be Wondering Whether You Need A Visa To Visit Maldives?
Indian passport holders do not need a visa to visit the Maldives for tourist purposes. You can stay in the Maldives for up to 90 days without a visa. For a hassle-free experience, choose Maldives Tour Packages.
Can Indians apply for Visa On Arrival to visit Maldives?
Yes. Indian citizens are eligible for a Free Visa On Arrival in the Republic of Maldives.
Visa fees for Indians?
How Indians can apply free visa on arrival to visit Maldives?
1. Travel Documents: Ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your planned departure date from the Maldives. Airlines may also require your passport to be valid for six months before you can board your flight.
2. Arrival: When you arrive at Velana International Airport (MLE) or other entry points in the Maldives, you will go through immigration.
3. Fill Out Arrival Card: You will be required to complete an arrival card, which includes essential information such as your personal details and the purpose and duration of your visit.
4. Immigration and Visa on Arrival Counter: After filling out the arrival card, proceed to the Immigration and Visa on Arrival counter. This is where you will receive your free Visa on Arrival.
5. Passport Inspection: Present your passport, completed arrival card, and any other required documents. Immigration officials will examine your documents and process your VoA.
6. Confirmation of Stay: The immigration officer will likely ask you about the duration and purpose of your visit. For tourists, the standard duration is usually up to 30 days.
7. Visa Stamping: Once your information is verified, the immigration officer will stamp your passport with the Maldivian tourist visa, allowing you to stay for the specified duration.
8. Document Check: Ensure that you receive the necessary entry stamp in your passport before leaving the immigration counter.
9. Keep Your Departure Card: Upon arrival, you'll also receive a departure card. It's essential to keep this card safe as you will need it when leaving the Maldives.
10. Enjoy Your Stay: With your Visa on Arrival processed, you're now free to explore and enjoy your visit to the Maldives. For a stress-free experience opt for Maldives Holiday Packages.
Documents required to visit Maldives
2. Return or Onward Ticket
3. Accommodation Booking
4. Visa on Arrival
5. Departure Card: Upon arrival, you will be given a departure card. Keep this card safe, as you will need it when leaving the Maldives.
6. Travel Insurance
What is the flight fare from New Delhi to Maldives?
New Delhi to Maldives flight fare INR 10999/-
What is the flight fare from Maldives to New Delhi?
Maldives to New Delhi flight fare INR 14934/-
Things To Do & Places To Visit In Maldives
1. Male: The capital and most populous city of the Maldives, Male offers a mix of history, culture, and modernity. Visit the Hukuru Miskiy (Old Friday Mosque), the Presidential Palace, and the colorful markets. Go for Romantic Maldives Honeymoon Packages!
2. Baa Atoll: Home to the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve of Hanifaru Bay, this atoll is a haven for marine life enthusiasts, especially those interested in manta ray and whale shark sightings.
3. South Male Atoll: Known for its vibrant coral reefs and abundant marine life, South Male Atoll is a fantastic destination for snorkeling and diving.
4. Vaavu Atoll: Offering excellent diving opportunities, Vaavu Atoll is known for the famous dive site, Fotteyo Kandu.
5. Laamu Atoll: Laamu Atoll is known for its lush vegetation, pristine beaches, and the famous Six Senses Laamu resort.
6. Addu Atoll: The southernmost atoll in the Maldives, Addu Atoll is home to unique coral formations, historic World War II relics, and tranquil surroundings.
7. Hanifaru Bay: Located in Baa Atoll, Hanifaru Bay is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve and a feeding ground for manta rays and whale sharks. It's a must-visit for marine enthusiasts.
8. Ukulhas Island: Known for its eco-friendly initiatives and beautiful beaches, Ukulhas Island offers a glimpse into local Maldivian life and is a great place for budget travelers.
9. Fuvahmulah: The Maldives' only "atoll" with a single island, Fuvahmulah is known for its diverse landscapes, including freshwater lakes and dense vegetation.
10. Maafushi Island: A local island with guesthouses and budget-friendly accommodations, Maafushi Island is a great option for travelers looking to explore the Maldives on a budget.
Authentic Dishes To Try In Maldives
Veg Dishes To Try In Maldives
1. Bis Rihaakuru: A vegetarian version of Rihaakuru (fish paste), Bis Rihaakuru is made by cooking and mashing various vegetables with spices.
2. Mas Huni: It is a traditional Maldivian breakfast dish made with grated coconut, onions, and chili, sometimes mixed with vegetables like cucumber.
3. Bajiya: It is a popular Maldivian snack consisting of deep-fried pastries filled with a mixture of coconut, onions, and spices.
4. Masroshi: It is a flatbread filled with a mixture of grated coconut, onion, chili, and sometimes vegetables.
5. Mashuni: It is a salad made with grated coconut, chili, lime, and occasionally vegetables such as cucumber.
Non-Veg Dishes To Try In Maldives
1. Maldivian Fish Curry (Mas Riha): It is a spicy and flavorful fish curry made with a combination of local spices, coconut milk, and fresh fish, typically tuna.
2. Grilled Fish (Mas Huni): Freshly caught fish, especially tuna, is often marinated and grilled to perfection.
3. Fihunu Mas (Grilled Fish): The fish is marinated with a blend of spices and coconut, then grilled to enhance its taste.
4. Garudhiya: It is a traditional Maldivian fish soup. It's made by simmering fish (usually skipjack tuna) with water, herbs, and spices.
5. Riha: It is a general term for various fish and seafood curries in the Maldives
Book Now! Trip to Maldives
With Tripsgateway, enjoy a hassle-free trip to the best destinations around the world. With the best Budget Maldives Tour Packages, you can make your dream vacation come true.